Arrival and Departure Times
Check in time is from 12h00. Check out time is 10h30.
What to Bring
- Clothing should be casual and lightweight in neutral, dull colours. Bring also a light sweater and heavier, warmer jacket. Dress is informal during the day, with long trousers worn in the evenings.
- Comfortable closed walking shoes and a hat.
- A warm jersey and jacket in winter months.
- Camera and binoculars.
- Swimming costume/bathing suit.
- Prophylactic drugs as prescribed by your doctor, as this is a malaria area.
- If you want to bring a computer or iPad to keep in touch, we do have Wifi access in the lounge.
We also have a well-stocked curio shop, where you can buy a wide variety of items.
We are in a malaria-risk area and therefore all beds are covered by mosquito nets. Each suite is provided with insect repellent, which should be used especially in the evenings. It is necessary that you consult a doctor before visiting any such area.
Guests often forget the strength of the African sun, so please make sure that you wear a high factor sunscreen and hat and make sure you don’t lie outside in the sun for too long.
Summer: September to April
The Southern Kruger National Park area is fairly dry with summer rain, falling between the months of October and April. ±500mm (20 inches) per year.
Temperatures in summer range between 20°C to 39°C (68-102°F), and up 42°C on an unusually hot day (good swimming weather).
Evenings cool down as there is an influence from the not-too-distant Indian Ocean. During the infrequent rainy spells, it can be cool.
Winter: May to August
Days are pleasant, evenings are cool to cold, especially when on an open vehicle.
Temperatures range between 10°C to 29°C (50-84°F) with very little or no rain.
Lukimbi is situated only 240m (787 feet) above sea level.